MagnaCare Signs On as First Major Healthcare Customer
MARIETTA, GA – OneCare’s groundbreaking new system for medical case management is being rolled out to chronically ill patients by MagnaCare, a Brighton Health Plan Solutions business with more than 500,000 covered lives in the Northeast.
- OneCare, based in metro Atlanta, combines cutting-edge technology with social media, behavioral change methods and family-based communication strategies to revolutionize case management for the chronically ill. The cloud-based, HIPAA-compliant OneCare system:
- Provides current and accurate information on chronically ill and high claims risk members without relying on patient self-recording.
- Utilizes social media and mobile apps to involve family members in day-to-day case management.
- Creates immediate, positive reinforcements for behavior change by setting up cloud-based reporting solutions with high-quality wireless devices such as weight scales, blood pressure cuffs, blood glucose monitors, and more, resulting in improved care plan adherence.
- Dispatches an implementation manager to help patients and family members set up and use the program.
- Automatically delivers reminders to patients to take readings and medications.
- Automatically monitors compliance with reminders and sends alerts to the patient’s care team, including family members, when reminders are not followed and when adverse readings are transmitted. This capability helps to prevent the avoidable episodes of care.
- Allows integration with third-party applications, consumer health trackers and medical devices, reducing costs and easing implementation.
The OneCare platform includes clinical content that encompasses education based on clinical practice guidelines, daily general and disease specific assessment questions, and the ability to track vital signs and health indicators such as sleep quality, mood and exercise. By combining these elements of education and health information that are shared across the care team of family members, caregivers, patients/clients and healthcare professionals, it creates a continuum of informed and activated users all contributing to optimal patient care.
More than 60% of all healthcare costs result from preventable causes like poor patient adherence with their doctor’s care plans. “OneCare is an adherence management platform. Our goal is to help patients adhere to their physician’s care plan. We want the best results for people whose health is at risk with a chronic illness,” said Gary Austin, founder and CEO of OneCare. “Greater adherence means lower health risk and financial risk, lowering the costs to the health plan and creating a healthier member. OneCare’s platform is a breakthrough. It’s the health care system that patients, families and clinicians can all use to connect, collaborate, and manage care together.”
Aubrey Daniels International, a management consultancy that developed OneCare’s customized behavioral psychology programs, wrote, “OneCare combines the best in IT with behavioral techniques that have been proven effective for over 80 years and in our practice for over 40 years. The OneCare IT platform requires very little effort for the patient and family to track and it provides positive, immediate, certain reinforcement through the connected family members, resulting in improved behaviors necessary to manage their health.”
EvaluaideSM, Presented by MagnaCare, a Brighton Health Plan Solutions business.
OneCare’s newest client is MagnaCare’s population health platform EvaluaideSM. More than 500,000 people enjoy health care coverage from MagnaCare through group health plans offered by commercial employers and Taft-Hartley funds. With the utilization of EvaluaideSM, they have identified the people with chronic illnesses and high claims risk and offered them unique and personalized services. EvaluaideSM is implementing the OneCare system for their custom participant portal, which is a service that will powerfully elevate their case management and risk management capabilities. Melissa Sirola, director of EvaluaideSM, RN, MSN, MBA, MagnaCare, says, “The EvaluaideSM Participant Portal, powered by OneCare, offers a consistent clinical approach for members to follow. It provides chronic health condition-specific education, and creates proactive reminders via text, email and phone that prompt patient engagement and adherence to the care plan. By involving family members and friends in this care team notification process, members benefit from timely behavior changes that positively impact their healthcare. The platform is a powerful enhancement to the EvaluaideSM program”
OneCare met the needs of EvaluaideSM, which included the following:
• HIPAA Compliance
• Branding Capabilities
• Multiple Languages
• Ease of Use by Case Managers and Participants
• Dashboard for Nurse Management
• Educational Materials
• Clinical Pathways
• Growth Potential
• Care Team Concept
• Push Notification Reminders versus Daily Self Log In
• Multiple Functionality
Implementation Comments from EvaluaideSM Case Managers and Nurses Regarding OneCare
• We are really excited about this project and the platform is exceptional.
• The platform is amazing and the demonstration was great.
• The platform is exceptional. It gets better each time I use it.
• Thanks to your programming/IT team for your brilliance and your flexibility.
• We are building a superior product at MagnaCare and I am proud to be a part of the process.
• You have an extraordinary group of people.
While the patient is the primary beneficiary, the OneCare system also benefits multiple stakeholders in healthcare services, as follows:
Case management companies that utilize OneCare will have a competitive advantage that will increase compliance rates, reduce claim risk and improve the company’s value to the TPA, employer health plan, reinsurance underwriter and benefit consultant.
TPAs will be able to offer a valuable service that sets them apart from their competition by demonstrating superior case management capability.
Reinsurance underwriters will have better information to assess risk, including compliance rates in the early stages and claim history in later years.
Employer health plans will have better information to forecast future costs, and will know their members are receiving a service that will help them improve their health and hopefully return to work.
Benefit consultants can provide clients with better cost and forecasting information.
Healthcare providers will have patients who adhere to the care plans they prescribe more consistently and are supported by a team of connected family members.
Family caregivers can coordinate care with less time, effort, worry and stress, as OneCare automates and simplifies caregiving tasks.
Michael Remeika, president of Creative Risk Underwriters, LLC, said, “As a stop loss underwriter, our desire is for groups to proactively manage chronic conditions within their plans. Non-compliance with a treatment plan leads to acute issues that are costly, both to the plan and to the patient’s well being. The OneCare program addresses the issue of non-compliance, which in turn will reduce the high cost of acute situations.”
For more information, contact:
Gary Austin, CEO